Tuesday, March 19, 2013

lumber- what a beautiful sight!

Yes, you've guessed it...we have LUMBER!!!  What a beautiful sight this was to see after work today.  Can you believe that this is the entire frame of our house sitting right there all packaged nicely together?? This is it...this is our house!


As I had mentioned before, I like the fact that our neighbors are just a bit ahead of us.  I was also right when I said it seems like they've been moving awfully quick on our house, because the neighbor's lot got started a good 1.5-2 weeks before us and now I keep saying that it seems we are almost even to where they are in the process!  I'm not sure if our lumber came today or yesterday since I didnt stop by then, but either way it's only a few days apart.  So the reason I like the fact that our neighbors are just a bit ahead of us is so we can see what the next steps are on OUR house.  Their lumber was just delivered last Friday and we stopped by again on Saturday to see nothing has changed.  Well as of today (tuesday) this is how their house looks!


I am just busting out of my skin to see what ours is going to look like by Friday.  I really think we may have something that looks similar to this if not even more if they get started by tomorrow!! WOOHOO!

They also went ahead and got our beams placed.  However, I noticed we don't have concrete floors poured in yet in the basement or for the garage.  I would think they'd do that before framing?  If that's the case, I'm afraid they might not start framing until a day or 2 after that.  Here's to hoping!

In the meantime, I've become absolutely obsessed with decorating ideas for this house.  Now would be a great time to dig up a magic lamp in this pile of dirt to ask a genie for unlimited money to decorate!  My mind is on overflow with ideas.  I think I'm starting to narrow them down, but just when I do then I find more inspiration and change my mind. Oh the possibilities!! Once I get those narrowed down, I might post a few ideas on here to share. 

The next post you will likely see is the very start of what will finally look like an actual house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment